A computer virus is a program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. Viruses can also replicate themselves. All computer viruses are man-made. A simple virus that can make a copy of itself over and over again is relatively easy to produce. Even such a simple virus is dangerous because it will quickly use all available memory and bring the system to a halt. An even more dangerous type of virus is one capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypassing security systems.
Here are 10 sign that can tell whether your computer is infected by virus or not
- The first and important sign is that your computer become really slow.
- Nothing responds when you click on an icon and/or your software application do not work correctly anymore.
- The system reboots, freezes up, or crashes for no reason.
- Your antivirus security program and/or firewall is sunddenly disabled.
- You can’t access your disk drives or hard drive.
- You are suddenly unable to print.
- You start seeing pop-up windows stating you have a virus or that your computer is infected (the name of the virus program/scanner is something you have not heard of and you can’t seem to close the window).
- You start seeing pop-up advertisement windows at unexpected (random) times.
- You have major problems trying to install or download an antivirus software or any other software.
- You seem to have suddenly lost the icons on the desktop and/or all other program files in your folders.