HOW TO WRITE PROTECT YOUR USB/SD CARD
September 12, 2016
Sometimes you want that the data which is in your USB drive or SD card should not be copied by someone else or your drive should not be formatted by someone for that you can write protect your USB/SD card. Now question arise in your mind what is write protect and how can we write protect our drive in this article I will give the answer of all your questions
- What is write protect ?
Write protection is any physical mechanism that prevents modification or erasure of valuable data on a device. Most commercial software, audio and video is sold pre-protected.
- Open the run (Win + r) window and type regedit in it and press enter to run registry editor window
- Now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Control.
- Now Right click on the control folder and select New ->Key and name it as StorageDevicePolicies
- Now Right click on the StorageDevicePolicies and select New ->DWORD (32-bit) and name it as WriteProtect
- Now double click on the WriteProtect and assign the value 1. That’s it your drive is now write protected
- To disable write protection click on WriteProtect and assign the value 0.