I’ve always been fascinated by the movies where a Hacker inserted the USB stick into PC to log in, something like NSA mainframe style. This can also be a method to keep your confidential information, confidential when you’re away from keyboard. So lets go ahead and learn to lock or unlock computer with USB.
- DownloadPredator USB software to lock or unlock computer with USB (you can get free version of the software easily) .
- Install it and launch it on your computer
- When you launch this software first this software asks you to set the password.
- Set your password and click on Ok (Make sure your Pendrive is connected to your PC.)
- In the preference menu select the timer to lock your computer after pendrive is removed (The default time is set for 30 second)
- Now this software is ready for locking your computer from Pendrive.
- If you do not enter the correct password, you computer screen goes black with access denied message
- Now let the software to start automatically when you on the computer for that follow below steps
- Press Win+R, type shell:startup and press enter
- Now add Predator Shortcut icon in Startup Folder. You can copy it from the desktop.
Now you have a movie style authentication for your computer.